Homes Under Construction
It’s more than a home. It’s a labor of love. Protect it!
Building or renovating a home is an exciting project. So, you’ll want to ensure your new home is protected during construction.
You can insure your home while it’s under construction with a standard home insurance policy, while adding options unique to your situation. Such a policy could include:
- Great coverage and benefits included with a standard home insurance policy.
- Theft protection for building materials on the construction site that are not yet installed.
- The ability to easily renew your policy once your home is completed.
The policy I perfect for these homeowners:
- Owner Occupied Renovation – You're living in the home while conducting the renovations on more than a 40% of the home.
- Non-occupied Renovation – You're living elsewhere for more than 60 days while your home is being renovated.
- New Build on Vacant Land – You're building a new home on a vacant plot of land.
A home insurance policy might be the right fit if your project meets these criteria:
- Construction must be complete by a licensed, bonded and insured contractor.
- Construction must be completed within 12 months from the policy effective date.
- After project completion, home must be occupied by the policyholder/customer.
- The insured customer must be the homeowner, not the contractor.